We are the most trusted resource on the internet for finding the absolute best house & home removal company in the UK.
We have compiled a list of the best house removal companies based on what customers have given the most positive feedback about.
Let us help you find….
The experience of moving is often times stressful as much as you may not wish for that to be so. Either way, when you have to relocate you should prepare yourself well with the right information and the possible ways to handle your moving. This is where knowing how to find the best removal company comes in hand. When you are searching for the best removal companies we can offer you great tips which can be of use on a practical level.
Finding The Best Removal Companies In The UK
- The first thing you can do is look for a recommendation. If you can remember about friends, colleagues, relatives who have recently moved you can contact them and speak with them on their moving experience. One of the most effective ways to find the best removal companies in the UK is mouth to mouth. You can also share this article in your social networks – facebook, twitter or others you are using and ask your friends there to comment. The most accurate information can come to you from personal experience.
- Another tip that you may find useful is to read reviews. The best removals companies – London are in our database and are currently more than 160 (and growing) so you have a wide variety of movers to choose from. Here you can find removal companies from many UK cities and you can explore them and their reputation. The best removals companies in London will have positive reviews as a result of their professionalism and quality work.
In order to find which is the best moving company for you get quotes to make a comparison
- Prepare for the moving day. In order to have a great moving experience be ready – the majority of removal companies will charge you by the hour so have everything well packed and ready by the front door. At the same time when looking for the best furniture removal firms check if your furniture will fit through the door or window. If it doesn’t you will have to disassemble it. You should take the measures of your belongings before moving day and calculate if you will need to take them out in pieces. In such a situation the best furniture removal lists will be able to disassemble your furniture before moving it out and them assemble it when reaching to your new home. Of course for this and for every other service you should ask your removal company if they can provide it for you. The best way to do this is by getting quotes. This is how you can get the best removalists to come back to you with information on their services and the prices for them.
- Take care of the packing. Everything should be well packed – breakable items in several layers of packing paper or newspaper although it may leave some ink on your belongings. When you are filling the boxes in there shouldn’t be anything rattling inside as this may cause damage to your items. Make sure that the weight is distributed well in the boxes. If they are too heavy they could break. The technology you have like a TV or DVD player should be ideally packed in their original boxes. If you don’t keep them find boxes of a similar size. Wrap with bubble wrap all electronics before packing it. Tape the boxes well after you close them up and then give them to the removal company. If you want to have a real quality packing you can ask a removal company to do it. Discuss with them the possible costs involved and the time that packing your home will take before you agree to use this service. You can do everything yourself of course – hire a van and two men but the question is that it will take you a lot of effort and time. This decision may not be cost-effective especially if you have a large move with many breakable things to ship. The best removals will be able to give you a reasonable price for your moving and packing.
- Check every removalist with the The British Association of Removers and The National Guild of Removers and Storers in order to make sure they are professional. A removal company with good reputation will have a positive feedback about its work from its customers.
- One tip that can cut down your relocation costs is to avoid moving during holidays. For example during the Olympic games an hourly rate for hiring a man and a van went up to £75 for an hour for furniture removal in London. Many streets were closed and many relocation jobs were delayed. Even the best home removal company cannot do much about such a situation.